Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken.— Oscar Wilde.
This is the first post on my new blog. I’m just getting this new blog going, so stay tuned for more. Subscribe below to get notified when I post new updates.
I will be providing information for puppy owners and breeders on raising and caring for your dogs. My goals are:
- To help you survive puppyhood and succeed in having a happy, healthy, well behaved family member for life!
- To assist you in finding the best deals when shopping for your pet. I have found many “lists” of the top “must have” things are not all necessary and are just marketing ploys to get you to spend money.
- To help you find the right puppy for your family and lifestyle.
- To introduce puppy owners to all the activities they can do with their new family member.
- To keep families updated on the latest news related to health, nutrition, and pet ownership laws.
I hope you will follow me as I learn how to do this blogging thing. I see a lot of inquiries on the internet and Facebook for help with some basic items like:
- What do I feed my new puppy?
- What should I buy to prepare for my new puppy?
- What kind of training should I do?
- What vaccinations should I get?
- What breed of puppy would be best for my family?
And from breeders there are a lot of questions like:
- What health testing should I do before breeding?
- What special care should I give my girl during pregnancy?
- When is my pregnant dog due to deliver?
- What are the signs of labor?
- When do I start weaning the puppies?
- What should I do to help prepare the puppies for their new homes?
There are many more questions like these that I answer regularly. THERE ARE SO MANY TOPICS THAT I WANT TO HELP WITH! I am including breeding topics in this blog because a puppy’s life doesn’t start when you take your puppy home. Genetics and raising the litter, play such a huge role in the health and temperament of a puppy. New owners needs to be educated also on what the first couple of months or longer should be like for your new puppy.